Re: RC: UAE/AERC

In a message dated Tue, 27 Mar 2001  7:43:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, Howard4567@aol.com writes:

<< Well, then you ain't paying attention, cause I certainly understand where the
problem lies.  It's called perception.  Payola.  Bribery.  Being bought and
paid for.

Did you read his paragraphs concerning "conflict of interest(s)?"  I mean
come on, if the FEI portion of the ride is sponsored by the same country who
competes and competes seriously, then there's not much doubt that there's a
conflict of interest.  If the vets and judges are paid by the same country
who plans on winning the race, don't you see a conflict there?  Are you
living on the same planet as the rest of us?>>

Well, if I'm living on whatever planet YOU are, Howard dear, I'd have to assume by the above that now Jerry Fruth and Larry Kanavy are guilty of bribery, payola, and buying off the vets.  And I think they'd be downright insulted if you walked up to them and suggested that that is what they are doing--but that is what you are suggesting is being done by the individual from the UAE who offered the very same sponsorship.

And as much as it hurts to agree with Tom--the above contradiction is likely what he was talking about when he suggested that folks read and reread your post for--what was it--abject stupidity or something like that.  Hope that is "layman" enough for ya, Howard...

Furthermore, I have to agree with Doc Newell--if you think our vets are for sale--you're crazy!

Heidi