Garlic question: powder vs. granules

Last summer I was unable to get my gelding to eat powdered garlic (from
Springtime) with his grain.  He's already been treated once for Lyme, and my
vet said garlic might help repel those little monster deer ticks that love
his hide so much.

The plan for this year is to administer it to him in soaked, shredded beet
pulp (we're ready -- I've created a beet pulp addict).  But someone has now
suggested to me that horses are more likely to eat garlic granules, rather
than the powder.  Before I ask the barn goddess to feed Jack his beet pulp
soaked each day, I'm trying to find out if the granules are as likely to
help as the powder.

Anybody know?

Cindy & Jack (she loves it when I have garlic breath)