sneakers on sand

Hi ridecampers,

I plan to put sneakers on Orfeo for the 2x100Km in Dubai next month; he has never been shod with sneakers; my farrier didn't never put those shoes neather!

It seems that they perform extremely well on sand (we will encounter some dunes with deep sand, some hard surface... if it is like in the WEC 98)

what do you think ?   He will have a 3 weeks period in order to adapt to the shoes; concerning my farrier skills, he is an excellent one, but  I don't know how far this could be difficult to put those shoes;

opinions please

Thanks in advance

Leonard