Re: RC: question re semis pulling horse trailer

Do NOT pull a horse trailer with a tractor that
does not have air-ride.  The vast majority of
horse trailers will eventually fracture and buckle
at the gooseneck.  In my search for a big, used
horse trailer, I saw a great many with visible
signs of stress on the gooseneck and did not buy
them.  I tow with a Freightliner FL70 with air
ride nd pulled a Featherlite trailer over 100,000
miles with this...NO PROBLEMS.  I now have a
bigger Eby Trailer (11,000 empty, gross weight of
rig loaded over 30,000 lbs.) and have gone about
30,000 miles so far with no problems.

An extra advantage with air ride is that you can
dump your airbags, drive right under your
gooseneck, fill the air bags to hook up.  No more
cranking!!

--
Teddy Lancaster

If they are shooting at you, you must be doing
something right--

Does this mean I cannot tell the Emperor he has
no clothes unless I have a Kingdom?
--

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
1348 Township Road 256