Supracor Pads (message from BPeck)

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I used a Supracor Pad this year under my dressage
saddle. Due to some injuries this year (mine)I didn't put the miles on I usually do, but still trail rode about 80 miles/month
with this pad.
It's OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, (about $275.00) The one I have is an earlier model
which has a 12 oz cotton duck top and a felt bottom (horse side)
with a zipper around the back to take out the "air pad".
I use a thin under pad so I don't ruin the felt, nor have I had to wash it all year (because of the under pad).

I think it's a great pad. It surpasses the Skito equalizer
in cold weather because the inserts don't get rock hard like the
Skito's in cold temps, plus, since it's not a foam pad, I think
the way it distributes loads differently.
I use 3 pads exclusively now.  Skito's, Supracor & Dixiemidnight
vent pads for the under pads.
(With the dixie midnight under pad, I never washed ANY saddle pads all year. They're a great pad too ($75.00).

I've only had the Supracor 1 year, so don't know how it'll hold up over time..

Regards,
Barb