water containers at checks

Okay ridecampers, I have a serious question here ...what is your
preferred way of containing water at a check? Multiple small
buckets? Muck buckets? smaller jugs filled with water and a few
buckets for refilling? Garbage cans (saw that this weekend)?

Please do tell - I can't quite seem to get set-up I like - I've tried
most everything I've seen :) but think there has to be a better way
out there

Tina - whose bucket collection rivals the local Tractor Supply
tina@autoairbagcovers.com