WEC 2002

tom sites goearth@shentel.net
Hello,  I noticed 2 posts that i have a very good reflection.  The Iberian Peninsula  and African Horse Sickness.  In 1989 the European Championships  were scheduled for Santarem, Portugal but were cancelled at the last moment because of African Horse Sickness on the Iberian Peninsula.  Has this disease been eradicated there or are others going to go thru what we did then when the plug was pulled at the last minute?  Having made arrangements for horse shipping (out of my own pocket i was able to get out of it because no money was put down) i was not so lucky for my own nonrefundable airline ticket.  So, i went to Santarem on the day scheduled  and held up my Gold Medal from the previous Championship and claimed Victory because no one else showed up.  NOW is the time to address AFRICAN HORSE SICKNESS ON THE IBERIAN PENINSULA not down the road.  tomsites