Re: RC: Clubbed foot/feet and endurance

--- Karen Webb <kwebb@GSSB.com> wrote:
> Just finished ready Nancy Loving, DVM's "Go the
> Distance" which I thought
> was very good.  However, I noticed she never
> mentioned anything about
> clubbed foot or feet when discussing the hoof and/or
> leg faults.  Since a
> clubbed foot or "Bey Shah foot" is common in
> Arabians, I found this curious.
> Or, is it that with proper hoof care, this
> aberration really does not pose a
> problem?
>
> - Karen Webb

This is not a problem when a shoer is involved that
knows how to trim a hoof to hit level when locomoting.
 My sister has a "Bey Shah" gelding with a club and he
is a National Champ - CTR, buckled at OD and Tevis and
did many other rides inbetween without any problems.
He is sound to this day.

She

=====
She