Re: RC: Helmet Question

>Someone (or two?) mentioned that
>"brand X" fit the more "oval" head shapes while the other brand appeared
>to fit rounder heads better.

Kim -

The Troxels are more oval, the Lidlockers more round. Also, the Lidlockers run a little bigger re: sm/med/lg.  While you're shopping though, don't rule out the new Internationals (rounder) and the Aussie Rider (oval-er).  The Aussie Rider also seems to run a bit on the smaller size, more like the Troxels.

>Also, any recommendations to
>particular models in regards to ventilation and less weight would be greatly
>appreciated!

My (camp/riding school) experience has been that ventilation/weight are similar among all of them, though the Aussie Rider has a more streamlined look, and for people who have a head that comes out more in back the Lidlocker has a nice fitting system that can be snugged up back there.  The new Troxel Dakota has a little stabilizer thingie in the back too (that's the one I'm after for xmas ...)

Honestly, I highly recommend finding a tack shop that has lots of different helmet types in stock, and just killing an hour trying on helmets.  I did that last year at State Line Tack in NH with a friend, and it was really a lot of fun! (you know, simple things for simple minds)

-Abby (sm/med Troxel Sport)

==

Abby Bloxsom
ARICP Level III Certified Instructor