Re: RC: RE: saddle sliping

 It may not just be the girth.  Mutton withered horses can
> be tough to saddle fit, and it is common to have to cinch
> them up too tight to make the saddle secure, thus adding
> to any problems you may have with saddle fit.  I bet if you
> try a better fitting saddle, all the mounting behaviour problems
> will eventually go away

Speaking as the owner of a mutton-withered horse (Arab/AndalusianX) I'm currently riding
her in a marathon type saddle with a wide tree, extra long flaps, and a 20" seat. The
saddle doesn't seem to hurt her anywhere, but I can't seem to keep it in place, even with
a breast collar. I'd love to hear advice and solutions to keep the saddle in place. I saw
saddle pad a while ago with a really "tacky", almost rubbery texture to it that was
proported to keep the saddle in place, but the owner didn't know the brand. It was grey
with a
pimply sort of surface if that rings a bell...

Bonnie, baking in AZ

---------------Pony E-xpress free e-Mail from clipclop.com -----------------