RE: Posted today on a mostly Dressage Riders' BB . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: Tivers@aol.com [mailto:Tivers@aol.com]
How are things going, Maryanne?

ti

It's not been a whole lot of fun actually. My husband's idea of having a
good
time was building companies...he enjoyed it although I could usually think
of something
I preferred. But unfortunately for the kids and me, he was just about to
begin a
restructuring phase right after completing his new plant, and he died maybe
a month before the
the plant was to start, so I'm learning a whole lot about corporate
restructuring than I ever wanted to know..
Good thing that summer is our slow riding season anyway and my 19, now going
on 35, yr old son is
home from college to help out. I figure we have another nasty month before
we have everything
sorted out, but meanwhile with the help of friends, family, and very
wonderful, loyal employees, we are
holding our own. Then maybe I can go back to being the lady who breeds those
funny dogs that hunt
rats and edits magazines and rides horses a lot. Insha'allah, as they say
here, if God wills.

One really nice thing that just happened tho' is that Sharon Saare stopped
by for a 24 hour visit
between the Emirates and Cyprus on a saddle fitting trip. With the TENS kit,
which is going to get
an immediate tryout on an injured 4 yr old. We put her up at the Club, sat
around
enjoying the night air last night and had an early morning ramble in the
desert before she fitted my
mares for some saddles and a stallion at a friend's place. Very low key, and
the kids told me to
stay overnight at the club and hide from the phone for 24 hours. I felt like
I've known Sharon for
ever even tho' this was the first time we'd met, and we are all hoping to
get her back for a
visit in the winter that will be longer. We even had time for a drive by of
the pyramids of Giza and
the sphinx as well as a good look (I got a little lost) at downtown Cairo on
the way to the airport
this afternoon. But I think she liked our wild pyramids out by Sakkara
better than the tame ones
at Giza <G>. Anyway, she got to have a nice ride on Nimbus, my 24 yr old
bombproof babe. The little
joys are often the best.
Thanks for asking.
Maryanne