Strangles and breeding

Our mare is at a farm that is now quarentined due to strangles.  She is there for breeding but has not been bred yet.

She has been exposed to strangles several years and never had any symptoms, and then was  been vaccinated with the nasal vaccine.

Does any one know if stangles can be transmitted in the seaman of the stallion if he has been exposed as the breeding is done AI.  Also if the mare has built up an immunity does this mean that it would be safe to breed and the fetus would be safe.

If the seaman is frozen safe from transmitting strangles to the mare/baby.

This is all new territory for us so any information and whether or not to breed, plus how would we know if the stallion is clear since the incubation period I believe is 3 months.  The mare is already at the farm so we couldn't bring her home for 3 months at this point  to be safe.

Thanks for the help out there.

Bernita Barfield
Southwind Arabians
Breeding Endurance Horses By Design ( hopefully at least )
Sierra Vista, AZ