Re: RC: Re:Racing

Dear RD
Hey hold on cowboy! (or cow woman? no, I'm not slamming cow persons
either). I never used any term. I was the receiver of the message and I
don't believe the sender is a racist anymore than me-- just an
unfortunate choice of words in an emotionally charged matter-- people
had mistreated her horse. Before anyone starts calling anyone a racist I
think he or she should settle down and check on the facts. If you knew
me you'd laugh at your message to me. We happen to be Caucasian; one
daughter is dating a causasian/Black youth and the other is dating a
WASP/Mexican youth and our son is now up in Canada visiting his Tibetan
girlfriend and our secretary of many years was of Mexican descent and
several of our trainers have been from Mexico or their parents were. If
anything I am prejudiced towards Mexicans (or the politically correct
term Latin-Americans or whatever) because I've found their rapport with
my horses to USUALLY be far superior to most of the "gringo" trainers
I've had. Kind of like Blacks and dancing (ever try to dance like
Michael Jackson?) or like Belgiums and their chocolates, huh Leo? Let's
just stop all this nonsense now and wish everyone a happy new year. If
we care about our horses as much as we do, I doubt anyone on ridecamp is
a racist. I choose to believe that until proven wrong.
Bette Lamore